FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback FREEZES on my new mac.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Council Bradshaw
Playback FREEZES on my new mac.
on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:37:39 am

I recently upgraded my Mac to a Dual 2.26 Quad core Intel Xeon machine with 12gig Ram. It has an internal raid of 2TB and I'm running a Deckling Extreme card. I'm editing on FCP Studio 2. The problem is playback is not smooth and freezes often. I mostly edit in DVCPRO HD time line. My older machine had ZERO problems playing this footage back, I even edited off firewire drives and had no problems. The problem gets worse when I'm outputting to a monitor or even when I output to digital cinema desktop. I've tried everything and can't seem to get consistent playback without freezes. What am I missing? Help a frustrated editor out please.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Playback FREEZES on my new mac.
on Feb 17, 2010 at 6:14:49 am

And your settings are??
Clips, sequence, RT?
Is the footage on the Internal Raid? Where is the scratch render files going?
Are you getting the error box from FCP?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 17, 2010 at 6:24:16 am

And, what type of RAM, is it all the same, and who installed it?

Since installing FCS have you fixed permissions using Disk Utility?

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Decklink drivers?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Council Bradshaw
on Feb 17, 2010 at 1:43:01 pm

My sequence settings are for DVCPRO HD and I've tried all different combinations of RT settings.

As for the RAM its all the same and was installed by Apple. I've also updated the Decklink drivers but I haven't tried reinstalling them.

I have repaired permissions using disk utility and I trashed my prefs yesterday.
I found a post by Walter Biscardi mentioning the "Frame Offset" in the system settings being set to 0.
Mine is set to 4. I changed it to 0 and I think it may be fixing the issue however every time I restart FCP is resets to 4.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]