FORUMS: list search recent posts

MacPro FCP to PC based renderfarm?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amit Ghildiyal
MacPro FCP to PC based renderfarm?
on Feb 16, 2010 at 3:42:11 am

Our studio has windows based renderfarms for various projects.I work on a macpro. I'm rendering out broadcast quality files (the broadcasters only want this "one" paticular setting dv/dvcpro ntsc) in one hour chunks. Each file takes 1 1/2 hrs to render and the entire thing adds up to my entire day and sometimes even night. The boss suggested hooking up to the render farm, but they are all pc.

How do i try it out with one other pc, and what problems would occur as our IT head tells me he'll hook me up if i can prove that it works.

Kindly help.

Amit

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
Re: MacPro FCP to PC based renderfarm?
on Feb 16, 2010 at 4:31:13 am

FCP does NOT do distributed rendering. Period.

Compressor WILL access a cluster via "Qmaster", but that is for conversions of say Quicktime to H.264. You're still going to have to make your initial "Quicktime" render on a single machine. My advice is to make sure that your main FCP system is as fast as possible since this is the first link in the chain.

Unless your IT folks really understand FCP and Macs, I'd suggest you keep them as far away from your system as possible. Seriously!

mark

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
Re: MacPro FCP to PC based renderfarm?
on Feb 16, 2010 at 8:52:59 pm

[Mark Raudonis] "Unless your IT folks really understand FCP and Macs, I'd suggest you keep them as far away from your system as possible. Seriously! "

Just as an aside... PC IT folks tend to strongly dislike Apple and all forms of Apple. And Qmaster only understands Mac only, too.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]