FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and Capture Problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawna Glover
Log and Capture Problems
on Feb 15, 2010 at 9:59:17 pm

Hello,

I am trying to log and capture footage and I keep getting the following message:

1. WARNING: You are about to cature Non-Drop Frame Media from a device currently detecting or configured for Drop Frame media. If you proceed, you may experience changes in logged in and out points, problems relinking media, or removal of master clip relationships.

Can you tell what the problem could be?

Thx

Shawna

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Log and Capture Problems
on Feb 15, 2010 at 11:06:08 pm

It's possible your Device Control Preset is set to something like HDV Firewire Basic when it should be HDV Firewire Basic NDF (Non-Drop Frame). If you search the Cow for drop frame you'll find an explanation of what it is and the difference from non-drop frame. Wikipedia would also be a good place to look.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Ken Jones
Re: Log and Capture Problems
on Feb 16, 2010 at 6:03:15 am

Put the tape in your deck/camera and roll a few seconds of the tape. Now try batch capture and that warning message should have gone away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]