Translation workflow, software suggestions for feature doc

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Eagan
Translation workflow, software suggestions for feature doc
on Feb 15, 2010 at 5:54:46 pm

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any advice on the following:

I'm going to be editing a feature doc this summer shot in Rwanda. The interviews are largely going to be conducted in Kinya Rwanda, a regional dialect that I do not speak.

While we've hired a translator to transcribe the interviews, I'm searching for a tool or tools that will streamline the workflow such that I can have them somehow attach the subtitled translations onto the logged clips themselves, almost like closed captioning, so that I can work alone once the process is complete without having to rely on the translator's direction.

I know that one way would be to type onto a a text effect over and over but that seems rather laborious, so I'm hoping someone knows a better way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Translation workflow, software suggestions for feature doc
on Feb 15, 2010 at 6:22:10 pm

That would be SCRIPT SYNC, and something that Avid offers. Nothing like that for FCP yet, sorry.

When I worked on a doc that was shot in Liberia and Sierra Leone, we had the translations, and we edited loosely based on those, but then we had a translator or two come into the office and pinpoint the exact start and stop times of the soundbytes. That was the only way that we could be sure of accuracy.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]