FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dissolves and text skip frames when rendered

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Jakubovic
Dissolves and text skip frames when rendered
on Feb 15, 2010 at 4:36:58 pm

Very strange glitch: footage shot on P2, 720p 24N. Working with FCP 6.0.6

When I put a dissolve on the footage, it plays fine as long as it is not rendered. As soon as I render it, there is a strange jump right at the very beginning or the very end of the dissolve. Same goes for text tool. The glitch even shows up when going frame by frame.

I tried trashing all render files and re-rendering. I tried duplicating sequences, creating new sequences and putting it in to new timelines - all that. Sometimes the problem seemed to go away but then it started again.

Anyone ever had this problem?

David

"We'll fix it in post"

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Dissolves and text skip frames when rendered
on Feb 15, 2010 at 10:38:43 pm

Read David Roth Weiss' post in this thread.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

David Jakubovic
Re: Dissolves and text skip frames when rendered
on Feb 16, 2010 at 3:21:03 am

Oh, believe me, I did what he suggests in that post very early on. Nothing work. The workaround I found was to export the clips on which I was doing effects, bring them back in and then do the effect - it worked perfectly then. Very strange.

"We'll fix it in post"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]