FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help solving Capturing Problem using FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roshd Ghalleb
Help solving Capturing Problem using FCP
on Feb 14, 2010 at 3:54:37 pm

Hi there,

I am digitizing some video footage into my FCP using use a Sony VX 2100 camera. Everything went smooth, but suddenly FCP seemed to have encountered a problem and my digitizing process would just not go through anymore. I only have about 15 mn of footage that I still need to get into FCP and I am not sure why it won't let me do it. I've tried to use the Capture Now button on the Log and capture window, instead of Log Clip or Batch, because when I struggle with digitizing, The capture Now option is usually the best way to go. So I've tried that, but it still will only do 3 sec. and then it says there was a problem encountered. The tape I am digitizing is a regular Standard definition 60mn mini DV tape that I have shot using Canon GL2 camera. Could it be because FCp recognized a drop frame issue? If so, why didn't I get a message saying so? Any suggestion anybody? I would be very appreciative.

Thank you so much for your help.

-Roshd Ghalleb-

Roshd Ghalleb
Mandrakfilm Corp.
Web: http://www.mandrakfilm.com
Email: Roshd@mandrakfilm.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Help solving Capturing Problem using FCP
on Feb 14, 2010 at 5:34:12 pm

Have you tried to capture with your GL2? What kind of capture drive are you using and how is it connected? How's your camera connected? Also, it never hurts to Trash Prefs and Repair Permissions. That's the first thing I do when FCP starts acting strangely.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]