FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-HVX200 miniDV- to Pal 16:9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ove Engvik
Panasonic AG-HVX200 miniDV- to Pal 16:9
on Feb 13, 2010 at 5:45:29 pm

Hi, first of all, I live in Norway and that gives some directions as to which format I have to use in editing (PAL I presume).
I use Final Cut Pro 7.0.
I want the end result of my editing to be a DVD, to be shown on widescreen TV 16:9.

I have recorded with a Panasonic AG-HVX200 on miniDV. I recorded with these settings:
In Camera Setup - Aspect Conv - I had "Letterbox" chosen
In Camera Setup - Recording Setup - Rec Format - I had "576i/50" chosen

I have two tings I want to ask:

1. :
I now capture from the video deck with these settings
Audio/Video Settings:
Summary:
Sequence preset: DV PAL 48 kHz
Capture preset: DV PAL 48 kHz
Video playback: Apple Firewire DVCPRO50 PAL (720x576)

Are these the best settings to use in this workflow?

2. :
(I have not decided yet If I will use Roxio Toast or DVD Studio Pro to make the DVD).
How should I go ahead to remove the black letterbox bars on top and bottom, and from Final Cut end up exporting a file ready for european widescreen tv-sets?

The Panasonic AG-HVX200 has to be returned in 24 hours, so all sorts of help is very kind of you all! I have captured the two hours of raw material, but have time to capture it again if that has to be done...

regards!
Ove Engvik
Trondheim, Norway

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: Panasonic AG-HVX200 miniDV- to Pal 16:9
on Feb 13, 2010 at 6:50:17 pm

Hi,

first of all your settings are o.k. to load the stuff to FCP.
The first Problem is that you went for "Letterboxing", which is normal 4:3, just cropping the top & Bottom with Letterboxes.
There's a way, to give you the 16:9 again, but that is rather complicate and you will lose some resolution.
The DVD I would make in DVDSTP - First Compress the finished film with Compressor, then Build a DVD in DVD Studio Pro, a Video_TS Folder, this Folder you can burn then with Roxio Toast.

Good Luck.

Sascha

P.S.: If you have, run the Magic Bullet - so you make progressive frames from the interlaced footage - will look much better.

Return to posts index

Bert Delgado
on May 8, 2010 at 6:33:56 pm

Hello,

I read in the forum that you are familiar with the Panasonic AG-HVX200 camera.

I am trying to help my son use his camera to communicate with a computer which has Final Cut Pro, but we are not being able to make it work.

The computer insists that there is no firewire connection.

We have tested a different camera with the same firewire wire into the same computer and it works fine.

We are not able to properly set the camera to have it communicate with the computer.

We get to a menu screen on the camera that reads:

1394 DISCONNECT

Would you please be kind enough and give us the steps required to properly set the camera? We have tried to follow the camera's manual and get nowhere with it.

Thanks

Bert Delgado

Return to posts index

Ove Engvik
on May 10, 2010 at 9:01:16 pm

Can any of these threads help?

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1030771

http://www.moviola.com/hvx_fcp

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved