FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCS3 - reinstall audio content previous version FCPS ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Van Dyck
FCS3 - reinstall audio content previous version FCPS ?
on Feb 13, 2010 at 1:34:55 am

Hi

I recently upgraded from FCPstudio 1 running on tiger to FCstudio 3 running on snow leopard (clean install).

I did a full install of FCPstudio 3 (including motion and soundtrackpro content).

But when I look in the sound library of soundtrack pro I see many soundFX, songs, ... are marked in red and not found on the mac.

Do I need to reinstall the audio content DVD's from FCPstudio 1 ?

Thanks in advance,

Philip VD

MACpro (1st gen | 2x3GHz | 11GB Ram | intensity pro | fcps 3)

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: FCS3 - reinstall audio content previous version FCPS ?
on Feb 13, 2010 at 2:22:15 am

That content should have been installed with FCS. I think you can elect to install or not install it so maybe it didn't get installed. Look at the audio content disk (or disks) and see if there's an installer, or you can probably just copy the data into the proper places in the library. I'm not in my office so I can't tell you off the top of my head where that content goes. It's probably in the manual.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Philip Van Dyck
on Feb 13, 2010 at 11:55:08 pm

Hi John

I looked up one of the missing files in soundtrack pro and looked it up on the mac in spotlight.

The file that is missing (red) in STP. is in the following folder (on mac hdd):

Macintosh HD / Audio / Apple loops / Apple / ilife Sound Effects / Jingles / 44th Street Short.caf.

So the files are on my mac but not active in the STP library.

John if you could look up this file on your system and see if it is in the same place, that would help me out alot.

The file name is: 44th Street Short.caf

Thanks in advance,

Philip

Return to posts index

Philip Van Dyck
on Feb 13, 2010 at 11:59:24 pm

I just saw that there is only a caf file found on mac HDD, but no caf.

Macpro quad 2x 3ghz (2007) | 11GB RAM |
sony HVR-Z1 | FCPS 1 | adobe CS4 |

Return to posts index

Philip Van Dyck
on Feb 14, 2010 at 12:05:00 am

It seems like soundtrack pro can only find items in the library thar have the caf extention and not the files ending with .aiff .

I have put an illustration on my dropbox LINK BELOW

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1035158/Schermafbeelding.jpg

Macpro quad 2x 3ghz (2007) | 11GB RAM |
sony HVR-Z1 | FCPS 1 | adobe CS4 |

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Feb 15, 2010 at 9:19:27 pm

The path to the loops, etc. is: Library>Audio>Apple Loops>Apple>Apple Loops for Soundtrack Pro>5 folders with .caf clips.

I'm not aware of any app that can change aiff to caf. I've never tried to do that. QT can play cafs. You can always import aiffs into Soundtrack to use as an effect. If the aiff is a loop, however, you wouldn't have the same functionality. I use Pro Tools rather than Soundtrack Pro and am not that familiar with it. There is an Apple Soundtrack forum where you might find better info.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Philip Van Dyck
on Feb 16, 2010 at 10:28:12 am

Hi John

Thanks for the info.
I re-installed FCPs yesterday and now I can see/hear all the files in STP.
It probably was an installation error durring the install of the audio content.

Philip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]