FORUMS: list search recent posts

subclip dilemma FCP 5

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Castillo
subclip dilemma FCP 5
on Feb 12, 2010 at 7:46:09 pm

I experienced some type of subclip mishap, which involved subclips getting disconnected from their media file. Since reconnecting, I've found that some of the subclips now show the wrong footage. They go to the correct media file but don't represent the correct part of that media file. Yes, I think I was using the subclip function incorrectly, creating too many master clips to a particular media file. Basically each cut was tied to a subclip.

Question: Will I have to go in and reset In and Out points on all those cuts or is there a way to fix those subclips. Also: not all my subclips were adversely affected, but should I go back and make cuts based on the original long clip and create affiliate clips (instead of individual master clips i.e. subclips)?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: subclip dilemma FCP 5
on Feb 12, 2010 at 8:31:09 pm

Do your master clips have unique names? The Media files. You don't have a bunch of UNTITLED, UNTITLED-1 clips do you? And multiple projects with this naming convention? That's disaster prone.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Carlos Castillo
Re: subclip dilemma FCP 5
on Feb 12, 2010 at 8:40:53 pm

No, I try to make sure my names are distinct. What I think might have caused the mass disconnect was I was saving scanned in pics to the Scratch Disk and those files mixed with my captured video files and somehow screwed things up.

What I'm doing is I used Restore Project and am reconnecting my media again. It's working so far. I'm hoping this will return things to normal. I'm hoping this was a one-time screw-up (see above) on my part. If Shane and you other smart folks out there can point out other potential minefields, especially since I've committed to this subclip route, let me know.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]