FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pixellated transitions in an export QT

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Stanley
Pixellated transitions in an export QT
on Feb 12, 2010 at 4:44:44 pm

Hoping someone else might have run into this...

We're running two edit suites, both running FCP 6.06. Both suites have Quad core dual 2.8's with 8 GB's of ram.

We've been delivering shows all year to our client, editing in a 1080p timeline, and then converting to a XDCAM 1080i60 VBR setting on export.

17 shows and not a hitch. We're shooting video onto a Nano card, and importing .mov files straight into FCP.

Yesterday we created a QT for a new show, out of our second suite. Same settings. Now the odd thing that's been happening in that suite, is during 'Render All' it'll pop up with a message saying 'conforming MPEG 2 video,' and the renders take a real long time.

At any rate, during a quality control check last night we discovered that about 70% of any effects (dissolves, wipes, resizing of windows in split screens) there's pixellation (best I can describe it)

We haven't had this issue at all, all year long, out of our main edit suite. I suspect we've got some kind of issue with settings in our second suite, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Pixellated transitions in an export QT
on Feb 12, 2010 at 5:21:11 pm

that conform mpeg message usually comes up with HDV and I have seen it happen with xdcam.

on any xdcam projects I do, I change the compressor in the sequence settings to prores
just before I color correct and export the file.

that might help you.

Return to posts index

Brent Stanley
on Feb 12, 2010 at 6:05:07 pm

So when you say pro-res, you mean make it XD cam? My other editor just finished doing just that, and we did a short test QT, and the issue seems to have cleared up.

But I wasn't sure if I should be using an Apple pro-res setting - that doesn't seem to be a choice available in the settings pulldown.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Feb 12, 2010 at 11:47:18 pm

in the sequence settings, somewhere there is an option to change the
compressor from xdcam to prores.

change it prores. then render out your timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]