FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Camera Won't Log & Capture Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Lewis
New Camera Won't Log & Capture Footage
on Feb 12, 2010 at 3:45:15 am

I just purchased a Sony HVR HD 1000U. I have some footage a friend gave me that he wants edited. The camera shows it perfectly on the screen. When I try to Log & Capture the footage it won't work. When I use the control in the viewer to play and rewind the footage (still in Log & Capture mode) the camera stops, plays, and rewinds. Yet, I see no video. The timecode on the viewer (in FCP) even matches the timecode on the camera. Yet, no video.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: New Camera Won't Log & Capture Footage
on Feb 14, 2010 at 3:24:37 pm

What format is the footage you have?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Cassia Boyde
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:36:37 am

Hi Cory, it's been a while since you posted your question, but you didn't seem to get any answers. I bought a sony HD cam myself, and after much trial we discovered that instead of capturing, I need to Log and Transfer. This is because my camera is digital and doesn't use tape.

Hope you've already found a solution, but if not hope i've helped.

Cassia

Return to posts index

Cory Lewis
on Mar 18, 2010 at 3:47:50 pm

Pays to read the manual. The camera only exports 1080i or SD footage. The footage I had wasn't from my camera and I think wasn't in 1080i. But, all the footage that I shot with the camera I have been able to Log and Capture. But, I haven't been able to record straight to FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]