FORUMS: list search recent posts

copy and paste don't work anymore?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roop
copy and paste don't work anymore?
on Feb 9, 2010 at 9:26:26 pm

I used to be able to use copy and paste without any issues in FCP, a while ago they stopped working.
eg: when using edit to tape I'd copy the "in" in the timeline indicator and then paste it to the "in" in the edit to tape window. When attempting to do this now I'm unable to get any results. Similarly I can't copy a set "in" to the current time in the log and capture window, it just doesn't work anymore. Seems mysterious. I can certainly make due without the copy and paste however its nice to use, and should work and continues to work in other applications so its a confusing and frustrating situation. Wondered if anyone had the fix for this. I imagine it involves deleting prefs somewhere or some such... but didn't want to go around deleting files willy nilly.

thanks in advance.

FCP 6.0.6
on Mac Pro OSX 10.5.8

Travis Roop
Editor
bitMAX Hollywood
troop@bitmax.net

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: copy and paste don't work anymore?
on Feb 10, 2010 at 7:58:43 am

Cute clip Kevin, but really things have changed since October 2003.

Here's a link for the later half of the decade -

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/resources.htm

Travis, learn about maintaining a FCP system so that you can cure many little problems or stop them happening in the first place. Searching this forum would have given you tons of help in maintaining your setup.

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: copy and paste don't work anymore?
on Feb 10, 2010 at 5:33:43 pm

The old fashioned way still works well and no need to download anything. Might be faster. Just sayin'.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]