FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Manage doesn't work properly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Michael  Stoller
Media Manage doesn't work properly
on Feb 9, 2010 at 7:00:41 am

I have tried six times to media manage my 90 minute project, but everytime it makes a new project it is really screwed up. Shots are inserted into the timeline that weren't in the original timeline, audio is missing or sped up, slow motion shots or sped up shots turn into still shots for the duration of the original moving shots. I'm at a loss, don't know why it's doing this and if there's a fix. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Media Manage doesn't work properly
on Feb 9, 2010 at 3:18:59 pm

All of your footage needs to have REEL numbers,

Your media should have unique file names. You should NEVER have media files on your capture scratch drives titled UNTITLED, UNTITLED-1, UNTITLED-2, this will cause LOTS of problems when relinking.

Also, what version of FCP? The media manager used to be called the Media Mangler because early versions of FCP and the MM were horrid

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bryan Michael  Stoller
Re: Media Manage doesn't work properly
on Feb 9, 2010 at 5:44:26 pm

The footage has unique names, but maybe I need to check the box in Media Manager that says use clip names and not the other option? Also, when you see it has to be reels; I have five 15 minute reels and I selected the folder that the sequences are in and then went to Media Manager. It did the reels in the copied project, but then there was about 10% corruption in duplicating the files through Media Manager, so selecting the folder seemed to work. Anything I had a motion speed change on became a still image for the length of the original shot -- why would that be? And also, some dialogue would lower in volume or drop in and out during an actors continuous sentence. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]