FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem in exporting for dvd using animation codec

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gunjan sharma
problem in exporting for dvd using animation codec
on Feb 9, 2010 at 5:34:40 am

Hi, We have shot hd (1920*1080 interlaced).captured it in Apple pro rez HQ.transfered video clips as tga sequences to graphic and animation dept. they after adding some animation and compositing to them,have given back QT (standard definition pal) files using animation codec.

I had to assemble these QT files in my FCP 6.5.1 and make a standard def dvd. when I put these Qt in seq(Animation)it asks for render.
when rendered the video becomes blurred and quality deteriorates.
As a result dvd also looks like a low rez thing. what should I do?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: problem in exporting for dvd using animation codec
on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:35:50 pm

Hi Gunjan,
Your workflow, sorry, is full of mistakes.
The first is to convert Prores (10b YUV) to Targa (8b RGB).
You should have imported your Prores to AE.
The second is to export from AE with Animation (8b RGB) when you are going to make a DVD (YUV).
But even after those unnecessary transcoding, your Animation movie should look OK.
That's the question: How looks the Animation clip before MPEG-2 compression?
If it looks OK, then you are doing something wrong in that last step.
If it doesn't look OK, don't think that will look better once compressed.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

gunjan sharma
on Feb 9, 2010 at 5:21:03 pm

Rafael
Thanks for sharing that info.workflow is not decided by me.I know it is full of unnecessary down conversions.those animation clips exported from AE look kind of ok till I line them up on fcp timeline (seq setting animation).
I then need to adjust basic motion parameters of scaling and rotation etc. due to that FCP asks for render. As soon as the rendering is done the quality of the video deteriorates. this is the real problem.
can we export using compressor without rendering the timeline ? Just a thought came in my mind just now.
Gunjan

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 10, 2010 at 1:50:21 am

A rule of thumb is to try render/process the as less times as possible, and if you have to process the picture few times, export as uncompressed as you can.
You should try to export from AE with the same specs that you will end up in FC. and avoid further processing there.

[gunjan sharma] "can we export using compressor without rendering the timeline ?"
Yes you can. But if you send directly to Compressor and you get a crappy MPEG-2, you won't know where is the problem.
Export a Prores self-contained movie see how it looks.

[gunjan sharma] "en need to adjust basic motion parameters of scaling and rotation etc."
In FC, NEVER use the "rotation' in the Motion Tab. Otherwise your rendering will be "lineal".
Use always the 3D filter.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

gunjan sharma
on Feb 11, 2010 at 5:14:23 am

Rafel,

I have tried workflow as suggested by you i.e to export prores to AE and get prores from AE to my FCP. I had to download prores decoder for AE (our graphic dept work on windows). I am satisfied with the quality of my dvd now.thanks to your valuable advice. One question still remained unanswered that why after rendering the timeline the quality of video was deteriorating ? whereas before rendering it looked ok.

Gunjan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]