FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Cropping my DV Footage to HD in Digital Camera Desktop Preview

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shelby Langley
FCP 7 Cropping my DV Footage to HD in Digital Camera Desktop Preview
on Feb 9, 2010 at 3:07:00 am

Hello-
I have a new iMac i7 using FCP 7. I am wanting to see a project on the the Digital Cinema Desktop Preview without it being cropped to HD. It was shot in DV Anamorphic. Is this possible without connecting a second monitor?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: FCP 7 Cropping my DV Footage to HD in Digital Camera Desktop Preview
on Feb 9, 2010 at 3:16:53 am

What does Cropping to HD mean? Do you mean full screen?

Return to posts index

Shelby Langley
on Feb 9, 2010 at 4:23:48 am

It's stretching my DV footage to fit the full 27 inch screen thus lowering the quality. When I use Digital Camera Preview on my Macbook Pro it does not stretch my footage and the quality is not compromised. On the iMac 27 inch the quality goes way down when I use Digital Camera Preview.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 9, 2010 at 5:39:32 am

There are 3 choices for cinema preview. RAW pixels, which is pixel for pixel and will show your footage in it's squished native anamorphic state. Then there's one that fills the screen and one that shows it at 100% I believe. Just pick the right one and you're good to go.

Return to posts index

Shelby Langley
on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:35:59 pm

Hey Michael-
I only get one option (the one that stretches the footage). In order to get the others do I have to use a second monitor? I was hoping to just using the iMac monitor.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 9, 2010 at 8:51:55 pm

Apparently you're limited to the FULL screen choice on the main monitor. I have two monitors and on the main monitor it is only one choice, which ENLARGES the image to full screen. There should be no stretching involved. Stretching means it's distorting the aspect ratio in some way.

I would suggest you simply create a custom layout where the canvas window covers the screen (or whatever you like) with the view being 100%. You can toggle between two custom layouts. You'll see hot keys at the top of the window menu. If they're ghosted out you haven't set them. Arrange a layout, hold down option, then do to the window menu and you can set that layout as one of the custom ones. So, you'd only be a hot key away from what you want. Almost.

Return to posts index

Shelby Langley
on Feb 9, 2010 at 10:11:15 pm

Thanks, Bret!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]