FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip VIDEO not in sync, not necessarily an audio problem (?)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Wycoff
Multiclip VIDEO not in sync, not necessarily an audio problem (?)
on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:08:55 am

Wish I could quit my day job to try and understand this stuff. (Posted local, no response yet)

I recorded with two handy cams. Log & captured to internal drive, then media mgr move to LaCie. (Cuz my gear is so old, the external firewires won't talk when the cameras are online). OS 10.4.11 G4 1gHz.

I have done this 5-6 times already for previous projects no problems, now it's a NEW issue:

one angle is not syncing. I used end points for sync, that looked good, but at the beginning, it's off.
I started over, cut audio OFF angle 2 (since I use the mic from angle one exclusively) and just compared both clips, without multiclip. not in sync from beg to end. (About 62 minutes in length).

Finally decided to go into clip settings and change time to 100.03 % (seriously .03 percent??). Then manually match clips. before I hit make multiclip, I automatically hit render all... so it estimated 6 hours to render.

A) is there a better way to do this?
B) I thought FCP was just making changes to a database, what is 6 hours of rendering?

I have three more sequences to go through...

Thanks!!

--Joel

iMac family,

G4 - iMac, eMac, mini, core duo macBook, and Intel iMac.

Return to posts index

Simon Hustings
Re: Multiclip VIDEO not in sync, not necessarily an audio problem (?)
on Feb 9, 2010 at 8:56:55 am

Joel,
Have you checked that both your clips are using the same audio sample rate? If one of your handycams was set to 32Khz and the other to 48khz you may need to convert the 32khz audio and bring it back into your project. Might be worth a small test?

All the best,

Simon

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Return to posts index

Joel Wycoff
on Feb 9, 2010 at 3:16:21 pm

Yeah, I saw that on the forums. so I actually DELETED the audio from the offensive clip. Not sure if that affected it at all. I guess I had to delete it from the timeline, and by then it's already toast?

How would I convert the audio, Is there another post that explains?
I think the audio might have been 12-bit rather than 16...???

Thx

iMac family,

G4iMac, eMac, 2 minis, core duo macBook, and Intel iMac. Most with 10.4.x and FCP 5.1.4, except Intel with FCS 6.x

Return to posts index

Simon Hustings
on Feb 9, 2010 at 3:30:01 pm

The different sample rate could be your culprit.
You can use Compressor to convert your audio up to 16bit/48Khz. (Or even iTunes if you're not too up on Compressor.)
Off the top of my head, I don't know of any specific posts, but check out the Compression Techniques Forum and the Compressor Manual chapter that deals with sample rates.

All the best,

Simon

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]