FORUMS: list search recent posts

Always Need To Render Text???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Lowe
Always Need To Render Text???
on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:33:06 am

Hey everyone,

I'm running FCP 6.0.6 on a Mac Pro 2x2.8 GHz with 6 GB RAM. I have a project that was shot in DV50 and the settings are:

DVCPRO50 - NTSC
720x480 NTSC DV 3:2
NTSC - CCIR 601/DV
Anamorphic
Lower (Even) Field

Anytime I add text to the video, I have to render. If it's static text, it shows a dark green bar; if it's a crawl, roll, or any other motion text, it's red. Is this normal? Do I have to render every time I lay a title down or move text?

Just want to confirm I have the rest of my project settings correct and that I'm not forgetting something simple.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Always Need To Render Text???
on Feb 9, 2010 at 12:49:18 am

[Richard Lowe] "If it's static text, it shows a dark green bar;"

Normal.

[Richard Lowe] "if it's a crawl, roll, or any other motion text, it's red. Is this normal? "

Yes...normal. If it wasn't over video, you still might have to render it. WHY? Because FCP doesn't make text media until you render it. If it is moving, then it requires the power of the computer to deal with the real time computations of that move. Put that over picture...that's a bit of computing. So a render is needed. Quite normal.

[Richard Lowe] "Do I have to render every time I lay a title down or move text? "

No. You can lay down text, and get the dark green or even light green render bar, but you don't need to render it just to watch it. You'll need to render before you output, but it should play. Heck, even ORANGE will play back if your RT settings are right, and the footage it is over isn't complex (like HDV is), and you have fast enough hard drives.

Make sure your RT settings are set to UNLIMITED. That is the best way to be able to try to play back footage without the need to render.

http://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]