FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 Capture Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Gardner
FCP 7 Capture Issue
on Feb 8, 2010 at 10:02:53 pm

Greetings,

Am dealing with something I believe is rather unusual and was hoping for some help. We recently upgraded to FCP 7, and my project began in 7.

I am straight capturing HDCam tapes to my system. (I have an MacPro, with Snow Leopard, using ProRes LT at 23.98, using the Kona 3). While capturing, Final Cut is telling me that there are timecode breaks, and then makes second, third etc ect. clips (as it has always done). What is unusual, is that all the clips in the viewer show the entire duration of what was supposed to be captured, and then where the TC break happened is simply black.

So for example, if I wanted to captured 45 mins worth of material and there are 3 timecode breaks I have 3 clips that total 45 mins w/in Final Cut Pro. Final Cut Pro is adding black to make the clip 45 min in length. But when I do a reveal in finder, and view in QT, the clips do not contain black, and vary in length depending on where the breaks happened.

I thought this was strange and thought I would post this and see what you all thought. Hope it makes sense, let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks ahead of time,
angela

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP 7 Capture Issue
on Feb 8, 2010 at 10:15:08 pm

Never seen this. Make sure you have the LATEST AJA Kona 3 drivers that are compatible with Snow Leopard. Might even consider uninstalling and reinstalling them.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
Re: FCP 7 Capture Issue
on Dec 13, 2010 at 6:01:07 pm

I'm having the same problem, but with DV capture over FireWire. New files resulting from TC breaks have the same durration as the original clip. Black fills in the rest of the clip's durration. Haven't tested with my AJA Io. I did not have this problem with earlier versions of FCP. I taken to marking out at the last frame of video and ding a batch export. Extra step I don't enjoy.

Lee Berger
http://www.leebergermedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]