FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Lower 3rd template troubles

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Lloyd
Motion Lower 3rd template troubles
on Feb 8, 2010 at 7:23:00 pm

Hi All,

I've created a lower third in Motion and saved to my projects template file. I then use the template file throughout a 22 minute sequence with varying information. Problem is, once they're all in place and I render, the sequence can take four hours on my 2.26 Mac Pro Octo-Core.

If I create individual exports from Motion it takes almost no render time, but obviously more time on my end. Just curious about any ideas as to why?

I've done a few searches and the answer is pretty much always export the QT from Compressor and re-import into FCP timeline. I'm just wondering why the motion templates mess it up so much? Is there something I can do to salvage what I've got?

Cheers

Curbsyde Productions

Australia Inside Out - Coming Spring 2010

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
Re: Motion Lower 3rd template troubles
on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:48:22 pm

Joe,

Well, sorry, this isn't an answer, but I have the same issue.

It's not just motion templates. It's any motion project. It is far faster in the end to render from Motion at the same codec as the timeline, then import into FCP.

I think it has to do with the the "link" between FCP and Motion. I say this b/c the same problem exists in the Adobe Suite. Importing After Effects into Premiere and rendering is far slower than rendering a video file out of AE and importing into Premiere.

So, no solution to your problem, just a theory as to why.

Naveen
contact@naveenmedia.com
http://www.naveenmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]