FORUMS: list search recent posts

NEED FAST HELP! Export in full quality with different frame size???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lotte Oldenburg
NEED FAST HELP! Export in full quality with different frame size???
on Feb 8, 2010 at 8:10:07 am

I need to export a small movie (a little over than a minute) I've made in Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 that has a 1920x686 frame size at full quality. I need to do this today, but I've run into some problems:

I've tried H264 best quality which gives me a quicktime movie at under 200 MB, but I don't think it's good enough if I look at the quality... If I choose no compression my Quicktime Player can't play the movie properly. What should I do? The movie is to be shown on a big LED screen and I don't know yet if it's being run from a normal computer or a bigger computer that is made for that kind of thing. But I guess if I can't play it on my mac I can't make sure that some other computer can...

Really really really hope you can help! And hopefully quite soon...

Return to posts index

David Pond
Re: NEED FAST HELP! Export in full quality with different frame size???
on Feb 8, 2010 at 5:46:22 pm

Hi Lotte

What was the original codec of your sequence? What do you mean by it doesn't play out properly, does it stutter, is the aspect ratio off?

Exporting the sequence at its native settings is always the best bet. However like you said you have to make sure that the computer your playing it out on can handle the file. As for other options, an H264 set to best quality, no data rate restrictions, and the full size should yield a pretty good quality movie.

-David
LTM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]