FORUMS: list search recent posts

Plug-ins for wedding videos??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laura Cumbo
Plug-ins for wedding videos??
on Feb 6, 2010 at 11:09:56 pm

Hi Everyone! Could anyone suggest reasonably priced plug ins (FCP) for something cheesy like a wedding video?

Thanks,
Laura

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Plug-ins for wedding videos??
on Feb 6, 2010 at 11:23:47 pm

Checkout this from idustrial revolution.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 7, 2010 at 12:44:25 am

[Laura Cumbo] "something cheesy like a wedding video? "

Back in the day when I did a few wedding videos, my number one rule was stay far far away from cheesy. I found that classy and stylish worked much better. Clients liked it a TON more and you will be able to charge more.

Leave the cheese to the mice.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 7, 2010 at 1:10:39 am

[Zane Barker] "Back in the day when I did a few wedding videos, my number one rule was stay far far away from cheesy. "

I wonder if the "no cheese" factor still holds up today Zane?

Care to post a few of those oldies? My nose is sensing a hint of Camembert in the air for some reason.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 7, 2010 at 1:28:00 am

[David Roth Weiss] "I wonder if the "no cheese" factor still holds up today Zane? "

Absolutely it does.

I really only stopped doing them about 3-4 years ago. When I did them I usually did Interviews with them intercutting between interviews with the bride and groom telling how they met, first date, first kiss, meeting the parents, the proposal etc. People loved them because it actually sold their story.

I have to say I still remember the best story I had for meeting the parents. The bride had been in a car accident and was taken to the hospital for some tests. Her mother arrived first and was in the room when the boyfriend showed up. When he waled in the room her heart rate went up causing the heart monitor to beep faster. Mom knew she liked him.

You want to capture the personality of the couple. If the couple is cheesy then sure go cheesy, but otherwise stay away from it, it will do wonders for your business, and your sanity.

Hindsight is always 1080p

Return to posts index

Laura Cumbo
on Feb 15, 2010 at 7:52:50 pm

I'm not crazy about cheesy either, I just cut them and this new videographer LOVES effects. I just need to find some plug-ins....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]