FORUMS: list search recent posts

Storage Issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conor Smith
Storage Issue
on Feb 4, 2010 at 1:29:37 pm

Hey I don't know where this should be posted but I thought I'd start here.

I just bought the Smart Stor DS4600, nice unit. However it doesn't allow my Mac Pro to start up when it is connected via ESATA cable. The Raid needs to go through it's initial check which takes 45 seconds or so. After it is completed, my Mac doesn't seem to pick up the process. It just stays on that initial gray screen with the dark gray apple.

Is there a setting that I can set to correct this?

Thanks

Live Free! Play Hard!
CS

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Storage Issue
on Feb 4, 2010 at 3:17:25 pm

Try the Sata Card in another slot on the mac.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Feb 4, 2010 at 4:06:27 pm

Do you have the latest driver for the E-sata card. If the card maker doesn't have it, go the chipset site and look there. Thats's what I had to do with my LaCie card after upgrading to Snow Leopard.
Don

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Conor Smith
on Feb 9, 2010 at 2:55:59 pm

Got the fix for this! They came out with a driver update for the Smartstor DS 4600 on Feb 1st that takes care of the compatibility issue for Snow Leopard.

All set now, thanks.

Live Free! Play Hard!
CS

Return to posts index

Paul Kondo
on Feb 10, 2010 at 10:29:03 pm

Conor,

I've been searching all over for people that edit with the DS4600 and can't find many. I know it's relatively new but that kind of scares me. I'm very curious about it. I know you just got yours but curious what you think of it.

I would use it via esata and my goal ultimately, if not initially, would be to set it up as Raid5, with 4 2TB Hitachi drives.

I'm only looking to cut DV, DVCProHD, and probably ProRes (non HQ). Wondering what your thoughts are of the product as well as any resources you found convincing you to buy it since again, any searches on the Cow come up pretty empty. Nothing over at LAFCPUG or 2-pop.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]