FORUMS: list search recent posts

"No movie in file" error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Klein
"No movie in file" error
on Feb 2, 2010 at 9:57:13 pm

Hi All,

I'm using FCP 7.0.1 with my media on an external HDD and my project on my internal.

I've been working with the same project for the last few months and have had no issues, but yesterday I started getting "no movie in file" errors from various portions of my sequences, both nested and unnested.

I've repaired the drive with disk utility, no avail. I also went in and renamed the capture folder to force a media relink, no success. I then tried to rename the render folder so that FCP would ditch the render files, again no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

PS the original footage was shot on a Sony EX3 in XDCAM and imported into FCP using the Log and Transfer. Can I simply reimport this footage from the original mp4 files? And if so how do I do this without losing information from the project? Thanks!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Derek Klein
Re: "No movie in file" error
on Feb 3, 2010 at 2:28:00 am

Well, I think I finally figured this out (fingers crossed). Apparently the error was due to bad render files and I had to use render manager to eliminate the render files sequence by sequence.

What was interesting to note though, is that one of the sequence render files was not showing up in the render manager and so I had to manually track down the folder on the hdd and delete it.

After all that it looks like the project file is in good shape again and just in need of some rendering!

Return to posts index

Shaun Bonnett
on Mar 5, 2010 at 7:47:52 pm

hey there I am having the same problem! please help I am confused. how do I know which render file to delete? Any information will help thanks!

Return to posts index

Shaun Bonnett
on Mar 5, 2010 at 8:02:01 pm

never mind I figured out how to use render manager. Your method worked like a charm. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Derek Klein
on Mar 8, 2010 at 5:43:36 pm

Yeah sorry it took awhile to get back to you. I had to remove render files with the render manager one by one until I was able to track down the corruption. It ended up being an audio file issue on my end.

Good luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]