FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error Message when rendering quicktimes from Flash 8

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Hadfield
General Error Message when rendering quicktimes from Flash 8
on Feb 2, 2010 at 7:42:10 pm

Hi,

When trying to render quicktimes with the PNG codec at 24fps I'm getting a "General Error" message.

I've tried deleting my render files and trying again, but I get the same error message.

The quicktimes are being rendered out of Flash 8, but are converted files from Flash CS3 first. Could this be part of the problem? And does anyone know of a way to get around the General Error message?

Thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: General Error Message when rendering quicktimes from Flash 8
on Feb 3, 2010 at 1:06:52 pm

I indeed think that the flash movies are the source of the error. Might try converting them to an all iframe format first like ProRes.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Peter Hadfield
Re: General Error Message when rendering quicktimes from Flash 8
on Feb 3, 2010 at 5:51:49 pm

Hi Jerry,

I discovered yesterday if I render 4-5 clips (quicktimes from flash 8) at a time I don't get the general error. I thought at first that the quicktimes were corrupt due to the downgrade in flash versions, but the fact that they can render that leads me to believe that the exports from Flash 8 aren't the problem.

I'm running FCP on a G4 that is running Tiger with 1GB of ram. Could the lack of processing power be part of the problem?

Thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]