FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flashes of black between cuts?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Liam Johnson
Flashes of black between cuts?
on Jan 31, 2010 at 2:05:41 pm

I'm exporting my video and between every cut there appears to be a flash a black.

Is this dropped frames? If so is there anything I can do about this. It's only done it since I worked on the project in Colour.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Flashes of black between cuts?
on Jan 31, 2010 at 4:50:37 pm

Is the black actually on the media, or are there small gaps in between each cut?

Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jan 31, 2010 at 5:25:13 pm

What frame rate is the FCP timeline you sent to Color and is your footage in that timeline all the same frame rate? There is a problem w/Color and, IIRC, 23.98 media in certain circumstances that causes Color to create black frames at edit points. Unfortunately I can't remember the specifics of the problem but I would post this question in the Apple Color forum here and provide complete details about timeline settings, original media properties, etc..

3.2GHz 8-core, FCP 6.0.4, 10.5.5
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse (6.8.1)

Return to posts index

Vladimir Uschintsky
on Feb 2, 2010 at 1:30:29 pm

Was recently working with some material shot at 23.98p and needed to output standard 1080i 59.94 and got a black frame between each cut. All cuts in the project were back to back with no gaps. Apple Color wasn't used - just Final Cut. Had to go around Final Cut to solve the problem.

Return to posts index

Pearce Roemer
on Jun 23, 2010 at 3:03:03 am

Hey I just ended up with the same problem. First time I've ever had it. I don't know much about exporting to begin with but did you figure it out?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved