FORUMS: list search recent posts

1080 50p sony sr

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith mottram
1080 50p sony sr
on Jan 28, 2010 at 7:25:26 pm

Hi,

Editing a commercials next week that is going to be shot on D21s to Sony SR @ 1080 50p to allow for slow motion on some shots. there is going to be a lot of footage and all of it is going to be shot at 50p even though most of the commercial will run at normal speed (ie 25fps). In the past I have cloned all 50p to 25p with two sr decks and then taken it in seperately, but this has been when production has been shooting everything at 25p with the odd shot on a seperate 50p tape. The project will probably be conformed on a nucoda. I have either a kona 3 machine or lhe machine to work on and cannot remember whether i can digitise directly at 1080 50p on the kona 3 (am sure max is 720 50p on lhe???). Is the best thing to do (assuming i can only capture at 720) digitise everything at 720 50p then chuck all the footage through cinema tools so that I have one set at 25 fps and one at 50 (running at 25fps)??

Not sure how much testing time I am going to have prior to shoot so any help or equipment recomendations apreciated...

Keith

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]