FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropped frames when working with HD footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Louis Molina
Dropped frames when working with HD footage
on Jan 28, 2010 at 6:34:39 am

I'm working with HD footage (HDV and avchd) for the first time and am running into this problem. The video captures/imports fine, playing a clip is fine, even bringing it into the timeline and playing it from there (without any editing) is fine. As soon as I make an edit or even put two clips together I start getting the dropped frames warnings. I have tried playing around with the RT settings and have tried different codecs (I'm still pretty new at FCP so any suggestions on what the best codec is for this type of project is more than welcome!) but I still get the dropped frames (and yes I've rendered). I have a suspicion that this is being caused by the Mp3 song I have laid down on the audio track. I have used Mp3's before when editing DV projects with no problem but I'm thinking maybe it is affecting the HDV/avchd stuff. Does that sound like it could be the problem? If so how can I fix it? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Dropped frames when working with HD footage
on Jan 28, 2010 at 4:00:14 pm

Probably. Mp3s wreak havoc in the timeline in my experience. Use an aiff. But without knowing your sequence settings can't really know.

Return to posts index

Louis Molina
on Jan 28, 2010 at 11:12:48 pm

Yeah it must have been the mp3 file. I used an aiff instead and now things seem to be going smoothly. It's weird though that I had been using mp3's with no problem when working with DV footage, I guess the HDV stuff is just more sensitive. Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 28, 2010 at 11:16:55 pm

MP3's are always a problem. Aif or wav @ 48khz is the only way to edit in FCP regardless of video codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]