FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Mix in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Pearl
Audio Mix in FCP
on Jan 25, 2010 at 8:27:37 pm

HI,

I'm cutting a low budget spot shot that's delivering on BetaSP (mono mix, on both tracks).

We don't have the money for an audio mix and I don't have Protools. If I export to 10 bit uncompressed Quicktime, will the audio track mix down from FCP acceptably for the Beta transfer? Would they need a separate sound track?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio Mix in FCP
on Jan 25, 2010 at 8:43:59 pm

What are "their" audio requirements? "They" usually have spec sheets that indicate what the audio and video requirements need to be. No, exporting will not magically mix the audio properly for you. You have to do this manually. Just like making a QT movie doesn't magically color correct and make the footage broadcast legal.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Rachel Pearl
on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:07:06 pm

I wasn't expecting it to automatically mix itself, I was going to mix it in Final Cut (and round tripping it in Color before exporting to Quicktime).

What I want to know is if the sound that exports out of Final Cut with the Quicktime (that I've mixed within Quicktime) will be sufficient or if I have to sent it through Protools.

The Client wants a mono track set to both tracks of a Beta SP tape set to certain general audio levels which I will set in Final Cut.

Any ideas how to do this without a Protools mix?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:13:29 pm

They don't want a STEREO MIX, but just a MONO of everything? Nothing like Mono INTERVIEW/SOT on CH1, and Music/SFX on CH2? Just a dual mono mix?

Export an AIFF...you can make that mono.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]