FORUMS: list search recent posts

corrupted clip names in browser...help please... :-)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jean-claude melion
corrupted clip names in browser...help please... :-)
on Jan 24, 2010 at 7:44:23 pm

Hi!

i was developing a video for my son of skiing with different technics for his school so he can validate a sport unit with that.i terminated it on 25 dec and my christmas newyear gift is that when i opened it recently the Clip name had a red bar on it and when i tried to reconnect them it is impossible as the labels are not passed to the search window! all i get is : "is missing

of course no backup!couldnt do it on hols!

so the software cannot look for the clips to reconnect.what is surprising is that the exact clip names are showing in the browser and i can copy and paste them to import the clips which phycaly present and intact on the disk!it seems that these labels have lost all information!

my problem is that i spent hours and hours doing subclips and mounting my sequences with music.
all i need is to be able to replace the clips to create the subclips.
i have imported all the clips in the same browser window so they are in 2 versions ,the corrupted one in red with subclips and the fresh ones.
is there a way to paste the markers from the dead clips to the new clip so can rebuild the subclips quickly????
the markers are there with all their info!
thanks a lot for your appreciated and deseperate help!

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: corrupted clip names in browser...help please... :-)
on Jan 25, 2010 at 12:44:39 am

If you can see the source media, force those browser clips to connect to them. What does this report, if anything?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

jean-claude melion
on Jan 25, 2010 at 11:39:03 am

hi Jerry and thanks for looking after me:
a 200Lbs ,47 year old defensless baby!
;-)

how do you force a connection under fcp 6.06??

because i have run out of options as it doesn't pass the name into the reconnect window all i get is: " is missing.
instead of showing the name and asking me to find or locate.

thanks,
jc

Return to posts index

jean-claude melion
on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:24:34 pm

hi Jerry,

the solution i have implemented as i cannot force connect unless you know a solution is to put in parallel on a time line the corrupted and source files and remake the markers one bye one ,make subclips and replace in timeline.

is there something faster????

thanks
jc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]