FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making Multiple Timelines out of Multiple Clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Salinas
Making Multiple Timelines out of Multiple Clips
on Jan 24, 2010 at 9:59:11 am

I want to make multiple timelines out of multiple clips each on its own timeline,
I would like to know If there is a way to do this without having to do it manually one at a time.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Adrian

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Making Multiple Timelines out of Multiple Clips
on Jan 24, 2010 at 3:17:06 pm

You can duplicate sequences in the Browser by typing cmd+d if that's what you're asking.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Adrian Salinas
on Jan 24, 2010 at 8:42:35 pm

Hi jerry thanks fro taking the time to respond my question, but sadly its not that simple, what I want to do is find a way were i can take a bin full of clips and some how make a timeline for every clip without having to do it one by one.
thanks anyway

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jan 25, 2010 at 12:39:39 am

I didn't quite understand what you wanted to do. Why are you needing to do this?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Adrian Salinas
on Jan 25, 2010 at 12:56:08 am

I am making stock clips out of lots of different footage shoot over time, I need to trim and color correct all of it and some times edit stuff out, cut the sound, etc.
I want to do this by having 1 time line per clip so at the end i can batch export.
the way im doing it now is making each timeline one by one, this is very time consuming
i would like to know it i can batch or automate this action so all the clips inside a folder go each to its own separate timeline,
thanks for the help i appreciate it

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jan 25, 2010 at 5:16:59 am

You have sort of a unique problem all right... have to have clips in a sequence to send them to Color alright...

Only thing I can think of to improve a one at a time method is to put many in a single sequence, then pull the edited and corrected clips from that sequence to a browser after it's sent back from Color maybe?

Jerry

Return to posts index

Adrian Salinas
on Jan 26, 2010 at 1:28:55 am

Hey Jerry I found something that might work, It looks really promesing for all this batching tasks
http://www.xmedit.com/ its called traffic, check it out

thanks for the help

A

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Jan 26, 2010 at 1:30:47 am

Ya know? I'd forgotten about this software! It may well be the ticket you're looking for indeed! It does as advertised, at least used to...

Jerry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]