FORUMS: list search recent posts

Format Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff Wiltshire
Format Problem
on Jan 23, 2010 at 8:29:16 pm

I'm new to Compressor but have so far managed to do what I've needed to do. However I've now got a problem. I have a Sanyo Xacti Full HD Camcorder which produces MPEG-4/H.264 Files which cannot be edited in FCP 7.01 straight off the camera, so I use compressor to convert them to Pro Res 422 so I can edit in FCP. Here's the problem. If I play the MP4 files as they come off the camera, they play perfectly, but when I convert them into Pro Res 422 Files and import into FCP they get the jitters, and by jitters, I mean every 60th frame, the picture will "jitter" sort of shake, for one frame. I need to know how what to do about this, so I can start editing my videos. Thanks

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Format Problem
on Jan 23, 2010 at 10:24:40 pm

What's the frame rate of the original file and what frame rate are you converting it to? Make sure you have Frame Controls ON in the Frame Controls tab of Compressor's Inspector) and choose Best for quality settings that apply.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Geoff Wiltshire
Re: Format Problem
on Jan 24, 2010 at 9:58:37 am

Hi John

Thank you for that information, it came through just after I sorted the problem out, but the info will be stored in the "databanks" of my brain for next time. :-)

It turned out to be a frame rate problem, in that it was 59.64 instead of true 60.

Geoff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]