FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP crashes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Baker
FCP crashes
on Jan 22, 2010 at 2:07:25 pm

I am unable to open FCP 5.04. It crashes as soon as it gets to the audio finals section while loading.
I recently added some updates. Since then I have had problems. Reloaded FCP. Ran permissions on the HD. No luck. I have FCP 7 on the way. Will that help?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCP crashes
on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:46:02 pm

What updates?

What version of Quicktime is on your machine?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Gary Baker
on Jan 22, 2010 at 5:25:49 pm

Quicktime 7

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 22, 2010 at 6:31:48 pm

I'm not entirely sure that QT 7 is the issue, but you've got to keep in mind that FCP 5.x is now ancient history, and it was designed around a much earlier version of QT.

For years I've been touting the message loud and clear that every FCP user should always make a clone of their system drive before updating anything on their system, especially when in the middle of a project. If you didn't do that this time, you surely will the next.

In any case, it's likely that you are going to have to figure out how to revert back to the previous version of QT. I don't remember that one just now, so I would suggest that you do a search and dig around The Cow, as I know it's been covered here before.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Gary Baker
on Jan 22, 2010 at 8:05:21 pm

Will the upgrade to FCP 7 take care of it?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 23, 2010 at 2:55:48 am

Either 6 or 7 should do it.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Gary Baker
on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:43:43 am

So I ordered FCP 7 , upgraded OS X to 5.01, of course my G5 won't install it. No Intel. Am I screwed?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]