FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Varicam slow motion workflow w/ kona 3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gevorg Sarkisian
FCP7 Varicam slow motion workflow w/ kona 3
on Jan 22, 2010 at 12:37:43 am

Hi! I have shot a project using Panasonic Varicam HDC27F camera. I have shot the footage at 60fps.

I heard there is a Panasonic frame rate converter plug-in for FCP7 but I can not find it anywhere so I can download it.

I am having trouble capturing the footage using my FCP 7 and KONA 3 card.

Can you please let me know what is the correct work flow so I can capture the footage using SDI in on kona 3 and see the footage in slow motion.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP7 Varicam slow motion workflow w/ kona 3
on Jan 22, 2010 at 12:50:49 am

[Gevorg Sarkisian] "Can you please let me know what is the correct work flow so I can capture the footage using SDI in on kona 3 and see the footage in slow motion. "

YOu don't use the Kona 3 to do this. You can capture the footage as AJA Kona DVCPRO HD 720p60, and then use the Frame Rate Converter after the fact.

[Gevorg Sarkisian] "I heard there is a Panasonic frame rate converter plug-in for FCP7 but I can not find it anywhere"

It is located in the TOOLS menu. And is part of the basic install. Select the clip in the browser, then go to the TOOLS menu and choose FRC, and then tell it what frame rate you want to convert it to, and it will make a new clip, frame by frame, to make smooth slow motion.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gevorg Sarkisian
on Jan 22, 2010 at 12:54:09 am

Can I capture using SDI using the method you suggested? And also I can not find any Kona 3 29.7 presets. When I am clicking on the frame rate converter nothing is opening up, am I doing something wrong or there is a software missing.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jan 22, 2010 at 2:46:53 pm

[Gevorg Sarkisian] "Can I capture using SDI using the method you suggested? And also I can not find any Kona 3 29.7 presets. "

Since you cross posted this- I left the way to create then capture on the Kona forum.

YES you can do this via HDSDI- the method for VFR capture from Panasonic decks or cameras is actually in the IoHD article listed in my sig file.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows for the Digitally Inclined
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/garyadcock

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/adcock_gary/AJAIOHD.php

Return to posts index

Gevorg Sarkisian
on Jan 22, 2010 at 12:56:40 am

Can I capture using SDI using the method you suggested? and also I my kona does not have the KONA DVCPROHD 60p preset capture you just mentioned. And also I can not find any Kona 3 29.7 presets. When I am clicking on the frame rate converter nothing is opening up, am I doing something wrong or there is a software missing.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 22, 2010 at 1:26:22 am

You cannot capture SLOW MOTION via the Kona card. You have to capture at full frame rate. At 720p, the frame rate is 59.94. So you choose AJA Kona 720p 59.94 DVCPRO HD.

After you capture, you then highlight the clip THEN use the FRC. I have a tutorial...

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/ross_shane/dvpro_hd.php

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]