FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error on QT Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Lloyd
General Error on QT Export
on Jan 21, 2010 at 8:49:15 pm

Hi All!

I'm getting a general error when exporting my timeline in either self contained or reference. This only applies to a timeline that has come back from Apple Color. Everything else works, just the color graded project.

I could be wrong, but I assume there is something corrupt in the XML data, or what it links to. Whats the best way to track it down?

Cheers

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
Re: General Error on QT Export
on Jan 22, 2010 at 1:27:05 am

Look through your timeline for black frames. They would most often appear in front of a cut. If you find them, slip the clip so that the black frames go away. You may need to re-render some shots from Color with handles to get rid of them.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Josh Olenslager
on Jan 22, 2010 at 4:03:38 am

you could also try setting in/out points at the head and tail of the sequence. I've used that to bypass general export errors before as well.

Josh

Return to posts index

Joe Lloyd
on Jan 23, 2010 at 4:31:06 am

Thanks Arnie, I did find one black frame. Slipped the footage and re-rendered. Still the same General error on export though.

Curbsyde Productions

Australia Inside Out - Coming Spring 2010

Return to posts index

Joe Lloyd
on Jan 23, 2010 at 9:42:32 am

I ended up Re exporting to Color and bringing it back into FCP. Worked fine this time. So maybe it was just the corrupt file gremlins from the previous one or something. Thanks for all your help.

Curbsyde Productions

Australia Inside Out - Coming Spring 2010

Return to posts index

Jeff Mather
on Feb 12, 2010 at 5:09:59 pm

I've gotten this error from time to time as well. A reboot of the Mac has always solved it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]