FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio normalize And Syncing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raghu Mayanna
Audio normalize And Syncing
on Jan 20, 2010 at 2:46:31 pm

Hi Friends...

Iam new to this Forum and iam working as a editor for a game show. thing is iam new to FCP and iam facing serious issues In Audio and Syncing. Where in we use 3 cameras and when i import the cameras footage to time line i have to sync audio video manually. Because camera mens does'nt put TC. And the Audio will be hectic some time participants wont talk loudly and Ancor Audio level will be high. So i have to cut participants audio add gain and have to reduce ancor Audio level. Iam doing it manually. is there any methods to level this Audio Automatically. and Sync the Audio video Automatically. Please help me Regarding this

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Audio normalize And Syncing
on Jan 20, 2010 at 7:13:03 pm

Unfortunately, when the audio varies as you describe manual adjustment is the best way. Someone should ride audio levels during the show. That said, Singular Software has 2 programs that may help: Levelator and PluralEyes. Check them out here.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 20, 2010 at 7:50:25 pm

Try using Levelator (it's free) available for download at:

http://www.brothersoft.com/the-levelator-for-mac-72483.html

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Raghu Mayanna
on Jan 20, 2010 at 8:28:44 pm

Thanks David... And can you help me out with syncing i used plural eyes but its not happening... is ther any other procedure to automatically sync...???

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 20, 2010 at 9:33:59 pm

Did you use a slate at the start of your roll? If not is there a recognizable action you can use to line up shots. Another way is to listen to the audio off two tracks and slip them until they align. Then do the same with one of those tracks and the third. This is what PluralEyes tries to do. If the audio is so low you can't hear it, you'll have to do it with a visual reference.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Raghu Mayanna
on Jan 21, 2010 at 8:15:25 pm

john can i sync 3 cameras footage in Plural Eyes at once.? is there any Tutorials where i can find each and every Step to Sync in plural Eyes...???

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Jan 22, 2010 at 1:05:35 am

There are several video tutorials for PluralEyes here. There is a 30-day free trial available.

Return to posts index

Raghu Mayanna
on Jan 22, 2010 at 8:24:37 am

Thanks Bruce But i tried this Tutorial but its still not working... Finally it shows not Synced... We dont Use either Slate or Time Code. So please help me regarding this... Can you tell me how exactly this Plural Eyes Works.? I have 3 Cameras at 3 position and some times 1 camera will be rolling normally and other camera will cut in the middle and another camera will be still rolling after director says cut. iam doing it manually and its taking lot of time. after this i will be having less time to edit...

Return to posts index

Bruce Sharpe
on Jan 26, 2010 at 1:20:01 am

If you are having trouble understanding how to use PluralEyes I suggest you go to the support page on the Singular Software site and submit a support request directly there.

http://www.singularsoftware.com/support.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]