FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burning Timecode onto DVDs for transcripts?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Celeste Geer
Burning Timecode onto DVDs for transcripts?
on Jan 19, 2010 at 11:53:14 pm

Hi I am wanting to burn DVD's of some long Interviews I have recorded on HDV P2 cards and edited on FCP, so i can get transcripts typed of the interviews? Any ideas on whether you can burn a timecode onto a DVD or any other solutions as to how i could get the transcript to indicate what part of footage it corresponds to?
thanks for your help.
celeste

Celeste

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Burning Timecode onto DVDs for transcripts?
on Jan 20, 2010 at 1:04:44 am

Bring the footage into COMPRESSOR, and then choose a DVD setting. Then in the FILTERS area of the Inspector, choose TIMECODE READER. Make it RED or WHITE.

You might need to string out the interviews first in FCP, then export a reference QT movie. But this is faster than adding the TC Reader in FCP and rendering.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Celeste Geer
on Jan 20, 2010 at 4:27:57 am

Thanks for this Shane. More on transcripts...I am getting a bit frustrated because when i am in the log and transfer window bringing my P2 footage into FCP i cannot hear any audio. Do you know if there is a way of enabling me to hear the audio on the footage before I have dragged the clip into the "drag media here" window? I would like to hear the audio so i can better label big slabs of interview footage and cut out unwanted stuff to save on hard drive space. thanks again

Celeste

Return to posts index

Joel Guy
on Feb 26, 2010 at 5:20:26 pm

Shane, is this referring to an ONSCREEN time-code? If I send P2 QT files of an interview to a client, and they take the QT files from a disk and open in FCP, would there automatically be a "time-code" in the project?
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Joel

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]