Hello everyone. I've come across a problem within FCP that I have never encountered before, and quite random, so I was hoping someone can help!
I am running FCP 6.0.6. My media is on 3 GSpeed Raid drives. Currently three machines have access to that media. Our main edit machine is connected via eSATA, and the other two machines are networked via ethernet to the main edit machine. We have used this set up for at least 6 months, with no major issues besides reconnecting here and there. There is also another machine, with clones of the Raid drives that the director uses at home to edit in the evening. So there is a bit of back and forth of the project file.
So the problem is:
Recently, my project file will update old sequences that haven't been touched in weeks or even months on it's own. The "Last Modified Date" will update to the current day and time from when I saved the project. We started to notice this behavior when going back to old edits for comparison, and they would now contain the most recent changes from today.
This problem became more concerning when we would actually SEE the system reverting to an old edit, or a new edit. I would make a change, switch over to a different tab, come back and the change would be gone. Another oddity that has happened, is even when my timeline appears correct, and plays correct, it will sometimes output to QT without those correct edits. It won't match the sequence.
What I did to try to resolve this problem is:
Trash the FCP plist
Clear out old Render files, Autosave files, Waveform and thumbnail caches.
Things seemed to be working for about a week, but I just recently noticed old sequences are again displaying Modified Dates of today, when they haven't been opened in weeks.