FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Split Screen Edit

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
How to Split Screen Edit
on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:51:46 am

Anyone seen 500 Days of Summer- I'm sure you have. Well I am needing some help. Remember the part when the main character goes to Summer's engagement party. There is a split screen. One half of the screen is "reality" and the other is "fantasy." We follow the character in similiar situations but slightly different happenings. Anyway, we are wanting to do a spoof on this for a youth group project for the church. We have the footage shot, but I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to get the split screen edit. Could someone direct me to either a good youtube tutorial (or any place with a tutorial) or I guess tell me how to do it (though I am much better at watching someone else do it first so I would prefer a tutorial online)>
thanks
jared

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How to Split Screen Edit
on Jan 19, 2010 at 7:55:53 am

Layer the footage. One shot on V1, the other shot ABOVE it on V2. Double Click on the shot on V2 to get it into the Viewer. Click on the MOTION tab. Scale it to 50%. Notice how now you see both? DO the same with the footage on V1.

Or...adjust the CROP, POSITION and SCALE to parameters you want. Pretty easy really.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jared Smith
Re: How to Split Screen Edit
on Jan 19, 2010 at 8:04:50 am

uh, super easy... thanks!!! found this too just in case anyone gets to this in a search and needs it:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]