FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPro Academic Install

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Matuch
FCPro Academic Install
on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:29:28 pm

I already have Final Cut Pro 2 academic installed on my iMac and just bought FCP 3 Studio Academic. Do I need to uninstall FCP2 academic or just install the new version. I was wondering if it affects any current project files or if I double the amount of space used by leaving the older version on. Just wondering before I install. I am used to upgrades but the academic version is not considered an normal upgrade. Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: FCPro Academic Install
on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:37:39 pm

It is always recommended that you do a clean install anyway. Back up 3rd party plugins and all the users settings, uninstall FCS2 and then install the new software. (it is noramally recommended that you do a wipe of your HD and install a fresh OS) there is a great program FCP Remover if you are not wiping the HD.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jan 18, 2010 at 7:04:50 pm

Dennis

Did you know that the full retail version is only $100 more than the academic version?

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Dennis Matuch
on Jan 18, 2010 at 7:44:06 pm

Yes, at home I do use the retail version. I am upgrading my school computer (I am a teacher) and the school got a bundle deal with Apple (while buying new computers) so they got it at a considerable discount, I believe it was way more than the $100) Thanks though, you are right under normal circumstances.
-Dennis

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 19, 2010 at 5:48:20 am

Academic software is normally 1/2 the price of retail.

Return to posts index

Steven Gonzales
on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:04:30 pm

Some stocking academic retailers will sell for $299 (usually on campus bookstores), but at the price of $899 academic, and $999 retail, the retail is a better deal, as it is upgradeable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]