FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monitoring Upgrade Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
Monitoring Upgrade Question
on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:01:55 pm

Morning Kids...
I am planning on upgrading my monitoring capabilities in the near future after finishing up an unplanned job that will generate some unplanned revenue. I am currently monitoring using an MXO and a 23"ACD out of a new Mac Pro...It's OK for what it is but seems like the MXO will flake out at the slightest opportunity and I'm tired of monkeying with it.
That said..I am looking hard at one of the Flanders Scientific monitors...which seem to be getting pretty good marks from everybody.
The real question I have is what Black Magic or AJA card should I be considering? I shoot almost exclusively on a Sony EX3 so ingest is not a huge issue. I am really most concerned with monitoring as well as starting to try and get my hand around low level grading in color.
Thoughts...?

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: Monitoring Upgrade Question
on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:03:18 pm

Well, I like AJA cards. They're usually the most stable. Plus, they have tech support that is unmatched.

Kevin Monahan
60 Blu-ray Templates for Final Cut Studio 2009
http://www.fcpworld.com
Author - Motion Graphics and Effects in Final Cut Pro

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:07:43 pm

Specifically, the Kona LHi, one of the best deals in the market.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:45:50 pm

The LHi is great, and I like the Matrox MXO2. That does a proper output to monitors, not the DVI thing.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mike Petty
on Jan 18, 2010 at 8:38:04 pm

Thanks for the input so far. I see the LHi is running in the neighborhood of $1200...any suggestions (other that the MXO2) in the $600 - ?800 range or shoud I just bite the bullet and lower my sights to the 17 inch Flan Sci monitor instead of the 24?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 18, 2010 at 8:53:40 pm

[Mike Petty] "lower my sights to the 17 inch Flan Sci monitor instead of the 24?"

You're not sacrificing anything going from the 24 to the 17. We have both units in here and they're both outstanding. And on the other question, go AJA.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" now in Post.

Creative Cow Forum Host:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Apple Color, AJA Kona, Business & Marketing, Maxx Digital.

Blog!

Twitter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]