FORUMS: list search recent posts

shortcuts and transitions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Kuckhermann
shortcuts and transitions
on Jan 18, 2010 at 1:14:16 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to apply the default video and audio transtions with a single shortcut, instead of pressing command-t, re-select the transition because it's deselected in the process, and press alt-command-t for the audio transition. I'd like it to work the same way as with the right mouse click - add transition. Then a video and audio transtion is added at the same time.

And a second question, is it possible to make the default audio transition a fade-in / fade-out instead of a crossfade? Right now it only works when a clip is not touching another clip, so I have to move it, add the transitions, and then move it next to the previous clip. If I add the transition to a clip that is touching another one, it makes a crossfade instead.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: shortcuts and transitions
on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:15:15 pm

Hi David

You can remap keyboard shortcuts in the Tools > Keyboard Layout window ... but there's no built in way of doing what you want. You could achieve it with a combination of keystrokes that you could string together as a macro (eg v, cmd-t, v, opt-t) which is then mapped to a single keypress ... but you'll need third party macro software for that. Quickkeys is the old favorite, Videotoolshed make a simple macro tool too, plus there is also a freeware option called Spark by Shadowlab, but it doesn't seem to be under active development.

Re your second question, you can assign any of the available audio transitions to be your default audio transition, just right click (ctrl click) the transition in the relevant effects bin and choose Set Default Transition from the context menu ... unfortunately there are only 2 audio transitions to choose from and they are both Cross Fade (ie there is no Fade In Fade Out audio transition) :-(

Out of luck I'm afraid.
Best
Andy

Return to posts index

David Kuckhermann
on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:54:43 pm

Hey Andy,

thanks for the quick reply.
Bummer that there is no way of having a fade out/fade in audio transition. Is there any way of adding transitions or making your own?
Regarding the makro idea, I'm using a shuttle pro which can have makros. The problem is that every time you apply a transition, the clip ending/beginning is de-selected, which means I have to select it again with the mouse before I can apply the second transition. Very inconvenient. I'm just starting to get into the shuttle pro, and I think in the beginning I had it working once, and for some reason the clip was not de-selected, but I can't recreate it.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:13:02 pm

The problem is that every time you apply a transition, the clip ending/beginning is de-selected

"v" is the shortcut key for selecting the transition at the playhead, see if that works

Return to posts index

David Kuckhermann
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:20:44 pm

Hi Andy,

that doesn't work, because the playhead is not always located on the clip that I'm editing.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:52:04 pm

Hope you find a solution that suits.
Best
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]