FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode not exporting from FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Pearson
Timecode not exporting from FCP 7
on Jan 18, 2010 at 9:51:33 am

I've been capturing several feature films and programmes with a duration of 1 hour plus and 10 channels of audio. They are all being captured ProRes HQ 422 1080i/25 using an AJA Kona 3.

When I export from the timeline using export>movie and keeping the current settings (self contained) the timecode track does not export so my exported .mov does not have a timecode track.

However if I do a batch export the exported .mov does have a timecode track.

Anyone know how to resolve the issue with the single export?

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Timecode not exporting from FCP 7
on Jan 18, 2010 at 12:42:49 pm

Hey Luke

Is it possible you're misinterpreting sequence timecode with no timecode? ... sequence exports should contain sequence timecode, but if your sequences start at 00:00:00:00 then you might be thinking it your timecode is somehow missing.

Best
Andy

Return to posts index

Luke Pearson
on Jan 18, 2010 at 11:10:02 pm

Hey Andy,

No, I have my timecode set to start at either 09:59:00:00 or 01:00:00:00 depending on client. As I said when I do a batch export the timecode track is exported correctly and I can see a timecode track is there in QuickTime when I press Apple+J but when doing a single export it isn't there.

I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the long duration because if I pick a small section and mark an in and out point, then do a single export the resulting .mov does have a timecode track.

Cheers,
Luke

Return to posts index

Luke Pearson
on Jan 19, 2010 at 6:03:49 pm

I've just tried to do the same type of job using our FCP 6 system, which has a Kona LHE card and I'm getting the exact same problem, has anyone ever experienced this, the projects are set as 1080i/25 ProRes 422 either standard or HQ with 10ch mono audio outputs.

Return to posts index

Roger Watling
on Sep 14, 2010 at 3:18:45 pm

Hmmmm we have a similar issue, when we export over a network to our 97tb server, if we export to a local drive we are fine. For us it matters not if is exported or batch exported. It is worse with FCP7 than FCP6 in that we can at least export Standard Def with timecode from FCP6.

Return to posts index

Luke Pearson
on Nov 12, 2010 at 1:27:44 pm

I found a solution for this, basically if your file name is too long the timecode may or may not export, so export with a short file name and rename after.

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Nov 12, 2010 at 1:52:55 pm

Bizarre! Thanks for posting back with your solution Luke.

Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]