FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiclip sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Weidner
Multiclip sequence
on Jan 16, 2010 at 11:37:24 pm

Okay so i filmed a play and sync up all of the timecodes with a free run time code.

I have it all synced up no problem in a multiclip sequence but when i go and playback the video and make the cuts, I get the blue markers, press the space bar to stop it and the markers simply disapear and there are no cuts in the clip???

Please help!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Multiclip sequence
on Jan 17, 2010 at 12:08:47 am

you are doing a "switch" to angle, you need to do a "cut" to angle. Normally this is done by holding down the command key plus the number of the angle.

A quick look at the manual for stuff like this never hurts.

Return to posts index

Charlie Key
on Jan 17, 2010 at 5:57:29 pm

Set up keys 1, 2, 3, 4 etc to 'cut to angle' in your keyboard shortcuts. This is the best way I have found of working as live.
Also multiclips can be temperamental so restart fcp if its not working and re-drop in from the viewer if that doesn't work.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:36:08 am

See the manual for loading keyboard layouts and button bar layouts. There are some specifically for mutliclipping. They are remarkably cool and efficient.

The differences between cutting and switching are subtle and insufficiently explained in the manual. It's a lame non-feature unless you really understand the differences and why they're helpful. I do not.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Charlie Key
on Jan 18, 2010 at 9:50:54 am

Switching is a preview and cutting is a cut, no?

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:59:37 pm

I have always thought that is the switched to left the markers it would at least be of some use. The only thing I can thing that switch to is useful for is a practice run, but I always use cut to, if I don't like it I just do an undo. Never understood why anyone would use switch to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]