FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing sequence settings final cut 5 to 6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lara Zizic
changing sequence settings final cut 5 to 6
on Jan 16, 2010 at 2:53:45 pm

I have opened a sequence edited in V5.6 -- an another computer in Final Cut 6.6. The footage is HDV -- but the sequence appears as if it has been downconverted to regular def, even though I know the source material is HDV -- and the viewing canvas is 3X4 rather than 6X9 and the footage is 40% it's normal size. When I open the sequence in a project with HDV settings & try to bring the footage back to 100%, it appears stretched. Any thoughts on how to fix it so it plays normally in an HDV sequence in 6.6?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: changing sequence settings final cut 5 to 6
on Jan 16, 2010 at 6:03:56 pm

[Lara Zizic] "When I open the sequence in a project with HDV settings & try to bring the footage back to 100%, it appears stretched."

If you double click on any one of the clips in the timeline that looks stretched, you will notice in the motion tab that the distort parameter is something other than zero. You need to delete that attribute for all clips, which will set that number back to zero. To do this to all clip at once, simply select all, then right click, choose delete attributes, and check the "distort" box.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]