FORUMS: list search recent posts

can you move a range of audio keyframes in time?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Flood
can you move a range of audio keyframes in time?
on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:27:00 pm

Hi

I cannot select a range of audio keyframes so as to "slide" a mix relative to a clip.

I have a series of one line statements with some visuals in between and a music track underneath.I did a seires of level rides using keyframes to fill in the spaces. Then I had to take out a statement and pull up the video and subsequent statements. Now the mix is off as the level rides i did with audio keyframes are in the wrong place

in the FCP7 manual it says this:

"Use the Range Selection tool (ggg) to select a group of keyframes. You can now move, delete, or change the level of just those keyframes."

i can not seem to get it to work! is this broken? The only range i can select is part of the music clip, with no regard to the keyframes. I have also tried clicking on the first keyframe, then shift clicking on the last keyframe, and this seems to have no effect as well

soooooo wazzup wid dis?

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
Re: can you move a range of audio keyframes in time?
on Jan 17, 2010 at 6:19:53 pm

Hi Bob,

I've also never gotten this to work. My somewhat kludgy workaround is this:

select the clip with the keyframes in question. Make sure the video track above is clear and the audio track below is clear.

Option click and drag to make a copy of the clip, and use the shift key to constrain the clip vertically.

Slip the new clip so the audio keyframes are where you want them to be.

With the new clip still selected, hit "command-c" to copy the attributes.

Select the old clip and press "option-v" to paste attributes (or right click and select the paste attribute command).

In the option box, de-select "scale attribute times." Now select the attributes you want to transfer ("Audio Attributes:Levels" in this case).

Hit "okay." Now your keyframes should be moved, but the timing of the clip is preserved.

Hope this helps,

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Bob Flood
Re: can you move a range of audio keyframes in time?
on Jan 19, 2010 at 9:11:31 pm

Thanx Matt

Yeah, after futzing around for too long, i did something similar, adding an edit where i wanted to begin copying the keframes. then moving the edit to where i wanted to paste em using paste attributes>audio>levels

whatever :|

thanx again!

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]