FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Oddity

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Cook
FCP Oddity
on Jan 14, 2010 at 7:49:54 pm

I am currently editing a project on FCP Academic 7 and something really strange happened. I was adding an intertitle and the clip that followed got messed up (audio kicked in before visual). The clip was fine when the title was not there or if it was not snapped to the title. On a whim I copied and pasted the entire sequence to a new sequence. The clip came out a-ok. However, the rolling credits at the start of the project now have a strobing effect, something they didn't have in the original sequence (and still don't have in the original sequence).

If I finish and C+P everything to a third and final sequence, will the fix everything; or what other remedies are there to fix the strange oddity with the rolling credits at the start of the film?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Matt Lyon
Re: FCP Oddity
on Jan 15, 2010 at 3:26:40 pm

Josh,

You're description of your problem is a little confusing (to me at least) which is maybe why you aren't getting any responses. But I'd check to make sure the sequence settings match for your two timelines. If they mismatch, that could be causing the strobing.

Matt Lyon
Editor
Toronto

Return to posts index

Josh Cook
Re: FCP Oddity
on Jan 17, 2010 at 9:09:21 am

I'll check that, thanks.

Hope this clears things up:

Sequence 1: Opening credits fine; All clips/intertitles fine but one clip

Sequence 2: One clip fixed, opening credits strobing

All I did was copy sequence 1 and paste it into sequence 2.

I hope that clerified it, like I said, the problem confuses even me and I have used FCP for a while.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]