FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD to ProRes 422, okay... now to .flv?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Griffith
AVCHD to ProRes 422, okay... now to .flv?
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:59:08 pm

FCP 7.0.1, Intel Mac,

I've just made the switch to AVCHD and am using the ProRes 422 in FCP. That's all fine and good, but what are my options for compressing for web? My company uses Brightcove for as our video vendor service, which accepts;

Brightcove players can play back VP6 (FLV) or H.264 (MP4) format files. When you upload a non-VP6, non-H.264 source file, Brightcove transcodes the file into your choice of VP6 or H.264. When you upload an H.264 file, you can choose to leave it as H.264 or have Brightcove transcode it to VP6.

--

Before we started using AVCHD and intel macs, we were using ffmpeg to convert HDV .mov's to .flv at 480x270. FFmpeg does not like ProRes 422. I can't find another program to convert to .flv, but I'm guessing there is a better option out there. I liked ffmpeg and .flv because of the relative quality and speed of conversion to upload.

Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions on formats? I know this is a really broad question, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm truly confused.

Thanks,

Chris

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: AVCHD to ProRes 422, okay... now to .flv?
on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:53:33 pm

Why not use Compressor to make an H.264?

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Chris Griffith
on Jan 15, 2010 at 3:53:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying it right now, however, I'm concerned with the amount of time it's taking. I do a lot of news video, so I need to keep the time down. I'll be tweaking the settings.

Are you aware of a program that will compress ProRes 422 to FLV?

Return to posts index

Bob Smith
on Jan 12, 2011 at 10:12:31 am

Hi,
I don't know whether u can see this information. I finally find a mac video converter called Foxreal Video converter for Mac can solve this problem easily. This is the first software i encountered supports ProRes 422 decode.
U can import into your ProRes 422 videos and convert to FLV. I tried it, and found it has advanced audio and video sync technology.
U can try it. Hopefully it can help u.
Smith

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]