FORUMS: list search recent posts

IMX codecs in FCP7 not found..?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew donaldson
IMX codecs in FCP7 not found..?
on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:57:47 am

Hi,

I have read very similar threads about this today, but none that really fit my situation!

I have a ton of IMX Quicktime files that i need to work on in FCP7. Quicktime player will play them fine, but when i try play them back in FCP (they import fine) i get the error message:
"codec not found. you may be using a compression type without the corresponding hardware card."

I have changed the easy setup to IMX 50/50 and i changed the sequence settings to match. I have checked that the IMX codec file is in; /library/quicktime (hence it plays with QT player).

Does anyone have any ideas? :-)

System specs: 8Gb Ram, dual Quad core Xeon 3Ghz, Snow Leopard, FCP7 fully updated, AJA Kona LHe card...
The Files are: MPEG IMX 625/50 (50Mps) PAL-obviously!

If anyone has any ideas why FCP wont play them, but QTplayer will play them I would love to hear it!!

thanks guys.

Andrew-

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
Re: IMX codecs in FCP7 not found..?
on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:12:13 pm

Try reinstalling your KONA software, I'm not 100% certain on this but I think FCP uses AJA's flavor of IMX when the card is installed. We just upgraded to FCS3 and all is well with our IMX footage of course it NTSC.

Return to posts index

andrew donaldson
Re: IMX codecs in FCP7 not found..?
on Jan 14, 2010 at 8:07:36 pm

Hi, thanks for that.

I did kinda wonder if FCP used its codecs from the QT library or the Kona. When i open the Kona app, under 'info' where it lists codecs from library/quicktime it doesn't show the IMX codec (amongst others), should this be listed here?

Cheers,

Andrew-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]