FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting custom EDLs to hand to producer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristel Schmidt
Exporting custom EDLs to hand to producer
on Jan 14, 2010 at 12:02:25 am

Hi everybody,

Have any of you found a way to export a simple custom EDL that would only contain certain information (for example, the clip name and the in and out points on the final timeline)?

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the scenario of laying a whole bunch of clips to tape and having to forward the time codes to the person in charge of trafficking. I've been simply copying and pasting the in and out points to a text file to hand off to a producer, which can get quite boring. I'd like to bypass the copy and paste part and just export an EDL or XML without having to touch a text editing app.

Is there some kind of a script or app that will take care of that? I looked at readXML, but it only seems to work for log markers, not the actual in and out points (it does list the in and out points, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do a clean export).

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting custom EDLs to hand to producer
on Jan 14, 2010 at 12:45:36 am

We have this VERY handy application that takes an EDL and parses out all that stuff into a simple list. The Sequence Clip Reporter. Such a huge time saver.

http://www.assistedediting.com/SequenceClipReporter/

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Arnie Schlissel
on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:17:56 am

Look up "batch list" in your FCP manual.

Arnie

Post production is not an afterthought!
http://www.arniepix.com/

Return to posts index

Kristel Schmidt
on Jan 14, 2010 at 5:05:58 pm

I might be missing something, but the Batch List function seems to be only useful for reporting the data in the browser columns and the browser doesn't display any information about what goes on inside a particular sequence.

The Sequence Clip Reporter does exactly what I want it to do, but there's no way I can get my employer to buy the app. It's also probably a little overkill for just tracking in and out points in a sequence. I was hoping that there'd be a no-frills experimental app floating around for it since there are so many out there. (like the infinitely useful XML-based FCPtoAE, for example.)

Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]