FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED ONE rushes - tripping me out after Pro res'ing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ady Le Roux
RED ONE rushes - tripping me out after Pro res'ing
on Jan 13, 2010 at 6:04:38 pm

Hi

Have shot on a RED ONE and after updating to FCP 6.0.1 as well as my operating system 10.5.8

Have also downloaded from RED.com the Final Cut Installer as well as the RED CINE and RED ALERT plugins.

I have now managed ( ? ) to add the red files to the log and transfer window within FCP and thought everything was going well when I made a new seq and then dragged one of the newly Pro Res'ed files to the timeline and then clicked 'YES' to 'matching' the seq to the footage! - Infact it was going so well that the footage looked fine! I even made a cut and then did a fade from a top clip to the bottom clip!

,.....THEN!!!!!

It all went pink and green on the clip and the now I cant see the footage as it should be! - Every now and again I get a glimpse of the clip as it should be but it seems like the sequence is not accepting the clip properly?

Any idea's????

here's what Im seeing

here's a link to the same image
trippy.jpg

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: RED ONE rushes - tripping me out after Pro res'ing
on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:11:02 pm

First of all, run software update to get to the last version of FCP...

Or not. Maybe you've found a new artform! trippy images created by corrupted encodes... LOL...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski.

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
on Jan 13, 2010 at 7:27:00 pm

What video card does your Mac have? Do you see these effects if you open the ProRes quicktimes in quicktime player?

I ask because recently doing a 2k RED job I saw VERY similar problems on our junk nvidia cards.... but not our boxes with ATI

Return to posts index

Ady Le Roux
on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:14:48 am

Hi man, Thanks for your time....

If I open up the Pro Res files in QuickTime player, they play just fine.

here's some system details if this means anything to you?.... Do you think this is ok?

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0393
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3008
Displays:
Apple Cinema HD Display:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported
Display Connector:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 11 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
Serial Number (system): ****************
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F2084BC8

Return to posts index

Ady Le Roux
on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:21:48 am

ok I have another bit of information that may help someone correctly diagnoze the problem?... grahics card?....

When creating a new sequence and then dragging a clip onto it - after pressing YES to match the sequence with the footage - it seems to work for about 20 secs with me playing around with clips... the all of a sudden ALL the clips will start behaving like this eg the trippy green and pink way!

MOAN: The deadline is getting nearer and I havent even started yet!!!!!!! arrrrrrrrgh!!!!! It's been about a week getting to this stage working with the RED ONE!....

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:01:41 pm

That's EXACTLY the graphic card in two of our MacPro's that had the same problem.

You've gotta upgrade that card. It can't handle the realtime 2K prores proxy conversion so you can see an image in your FCP windows. Nothing else is wrong - the data is all safe - Apple's Nvidia drivers are shit.

You can re-process all the RED footage in RedRushes as 1080 ProRes quicktimes. Those will work. Or get an ATI card for your Mac.

it totally sucks. we were in exactly the same jam... had editing machines that worked great until we got into those red 2k files

Return to posts index

Merc Boyan
on Jun 21, 2010 at 4:48:26 pm

I've had the same problem using FCP 7.0.2. I've found that you can edit the footage in a lower quality sequence first (try 960x720 DVCPRO HD 720p60), then copy and paste it into the 2048x1024 sequence. You'll just have to remove the motion and distort attributes before exporting.

Also, in the 2k sequence, set your RT playback to medium and you should be able to playback without the green and pink mess, however when you stop on a frame it may still be there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]